I wrote these comments to explain to someone why using WordPress for a small business is great idea.
- Don’t think because WordPress was originally created as blogging software it is in any sense not good or poor quality.
- Any web site needs be 3 things to get high in the Search Engine (Google, Bing/Yahoo) List; Relevant (the hardest – in your case lots of good stuff about your business, encourage other people to link you, the problem is trying to second guess Google etc), Timely (regularly updated) and Fast (No Images or Low Res images)
- The advantage of using software such as WordPress is it is easy to update hence it is to put into the daily routine
- A web site can look pretty amazing and be very expensive, but if it does not fit the criteria in point 2, you have wasted a lot of money for nothing.
- Search Engines don’t like sites try to that rise quickly to the top of the tree – organic growth is best.
- Don’t think of it as a blog more a regular update to potential customers rather than dusty antique vase site on the shelf waiting to be found – costly but little value to your business.
- It is simple to use, without the need for expensive technical skills.
- You can use your own URL(website address) so it looks more professional.
- It is not expensive and can look great allowing people to see what your business has to offer once you have attracted them onto your site.
- You will have ownership of your website without the need to become a web guru.